March 23, 2011

R.I.P. Elizabeth Taylor (1932 - 2011)










There is little I can add to the thousands of tributes to Elizabeth Taylor. However fragile she seemed, and eventually became, I will always remember her as the most fearless and unquenchable star of Hollywood's Golden Age. Bette Davis may have had more nerve, Audrey Hepburn may have had more style, but none could equal Taylor's fire. She was a child star, an Oscar winner, a stunning beauty, a lioness an infamous loud mouth, an AIDS activist, and a million other wonderful things. I dont agree with naysayers who claim that the death of Golden Era legends (most recently Tony Curtis and now Taylor) is leaving a void that can never be filled. The world changes, and it will always be filled with wonderful, glamorous, and controversial things. But there will never be another like Elizabeth Taylor, the icon with "a woman's body and a child's emotions", and I will miss her greatly.

No comments :

Post a Comment